Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Off the handicap pier is nice and deep about 17ft. Pike tend to hang out underneath it. Nothing large but still fun. There are some nice walleye to be caught but very tough fishing for them in open water. Its definately a fun hard water lake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will that be the handicap pier right of the boat launch? Or the other? I was there over the weekend, I saw a person fish a 16" Northern by the shoreline left of the boat launch. I only caught a 10" largemouth.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Spot suggestion... Try another lake... Blackwell (Silver Lake) is full of runts... Deep Quarry/Bass Lake in Bartlett would be first suggestion...

BPM

·
Registered
95 Posts
all 3 lakes are good including silver lake. I've been going off and on every other week to silver in my buddies boat averaging at least 10 bass out there by myself witha couple being over 2 lbs. Dropshot the island. You want to keep your boat in 20-25 feet of water and dropshot in no shallower than 16 foot. We've been catching a lot of our bass in about19-20 foot of water on the south side of the island(closest to the launch ramp). hope this helps pm me if you need any more info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.