Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I read a post on here that had pics of the launch or slip being built on the Chicago River on Western.. is this South Western or North?

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
The north branch crosses Western Ave between Belmont and Diversey. The south branch crosses Western near 31st street.

It has been some time since being at either of those locations for me. I was near the 31st location about 3 years ago and there was a lot of construction going so it's entirely possible a boat launch is in. There are also several canoe launches along the entire stretch of the river system.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.. I live by the power plant on Pulaski. I've never fished the river for a few reasons the power plant, the Citgo storage tanks down the river which a barge went down like a couple years ago (more like exploded), and the Poo Plant in Stickney, and I don't see and good places to fish, don't want to get caught trespassing anywhere I shouldn't be (already happened once). I head out South around Palos to do my fishing and not since last year down at Starve Rock, caught a 18 inch Sauger first time out there. Is the south branch good for any decent fishing? I'm stuck on shore till I buy a boat, so some tips would help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.