Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets all put our heads together and figure out all the local boat rentals. I know of the ones on the chicago paddling/fishing website, Deep lake- 15 all day no motor, heidecke-9.9 horse motors for 10 an hour, shabbona-?, Delavan-150 a day :shock: :shock: for a 9.9 horse,
Where else do they have rentals?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Lake Zurich, $20 per person for the day, no motors... That is if he puts his stickers on his boats this year and the police don't chase you off the lake as a result... - BPM

·
Registered
953 Posts
I actually put a list together last year I think so some of these prices might have changed:

Defiance Lake and McHenry Dam $25.00 All Day

Deep Lake $15.00 All Day

Independence Grove $13.00 for 2hrs (12'); $5.00 Add'l Hour (12'); $16.00 for 2hrs (14'); $7.00 Add'l Hour (14')

Busse Lake $30.00 All Day

Twin Lakes $18.00 for 6 hours

Shabbona Lake $70.00 All Day

Lake Marie $60.00 All Day

Lake Geneva $63.30 All Day

Delavan Lake $63.30 All Day

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never saw one for geneva except big ski boats and pwc's and the delavan I see via google is 150. Do you have any info on those? I mostly want a rowboat to put my motor on but well just list em all with motor or not.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Culprit said:
Our options r pretty limited for us non boaters :(
But does it really matter when Deep Lake is only $15 a day. It's really the only place I fish anymore. Cheap rentals and excellent fishing!

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
coyote said:
Easly the best value for your money and the quality of fishing is to go with Lake Geneva bait and tackle at 63.50 a day.
It is the best deal but beware that you will have to deal with the leech lady. The emotional scars can be much more costly then $63.50 :p

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
FishinMatt said:
coyote said:
Easly the best value for your money and the quality of fishing is to go with Lake Geneva bait and tackle at 63.50 a day.
It is the best deal but beware that you will have to deal with the leech lady. The emotional scars can be much more costly then $63.50 :p
I am still recovering from the last time I was there 4 weeks ago. I think that place has dirt dust that is older than me.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah, it's a great deal and you get some very interesting and disgusting stories out of it.

To add to the list:
Smokey's Musky Shop on Pewaukee Lake, WI is $49.00 all day for a 14' boat with an 8hp motor. If you bring your own motor it's only $15.00 all day for a 14' boat. There is also a $1 charge for life jackets.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am shocked. :shock:
I searched the web and could not find any place to rent a boat without a motor on Lake Geneva. I guess I am spoiled because I have owned at least one boat for twentyfive years. Paid $300 for it with a trailer and got the motor for free. Still have it and used it last weekend on Beck. At $63.50 it would take 5 times to pay for it. $20 a week for a year is $1040. At this time next year you could have your very own boat. Start small and work your way up.
Just a thought :wink:
LUV2FISH

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for me buying a boat is probably the least expense involved. Then theres storage and possibly insurance, then maintainance and upgrades. Im looking at boats and they are cheap but im getting deja vu from the first beater 69 chevelle car I owned. Im looking at a 17 foot stlvan deep v with a broke 115 horse for 800 bucks or so, by the time Im done ill be broke with it though :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.