Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'll have to swing by and have a look. I wonder if they put in something like they have over at Beck Lake or the Lagoons. I drive by on Patriot all the time and Google Earth does not show any changes. Kind of a haul from the parking lot. Every time I go in there I can't help remembering sitting at that light on Lake and Shermer and seeing a Stealth bomber come in about 100 feet over my head.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Does that mean that old guys like Rambler will pay thru the nose to fish?

I won't pay to fish anywhere - certainly not at Glenview. If I want to share the water with lots of other folks I'll go to Busse & fish for free.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So they have indeed put in a little launch area in the location indicated on the map. And yes, you'll have to carry in from the lot - which is a bit of a haul. If you have a light kayak and little gear, probably not a big deal. Anything else, be prepared to for a bit of a jaunt.

I'm gonna purchase the permit today. I'll post int he next couple of days how it all goes.

·
Registered
341 Posts
500 feet is about the absolute best case. All the more reason I need to make a dolly sometime. I keep waiting to see someone throw out a kids bike. If I can snag the tires I can figure the rest out from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.