Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that gas motors are not allowed on the lagoons, but I'm wondering if you're allowed to use a boat with the motor up and out of the water?
Otherwise, does anyone know of any sponors or rental places with aluminum boats/row boats?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I heard you cant have the gas motor mounted while in the lagoon. (electric motors are allowed). But I did see a guy with a gas motor on the lagoon not to long ago on the warmest day of this month. (He didnt get any beef from no one for it) But probably would be asking for trouble if you use it. See you on the goons hope it was helpful

p.s. I only know there is a guy renting canoes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
sorry it took me so long to reply http://www.chicagolandcanoebase.com/rental.html is one of them. I am not sure if this is the same company that rents it on site too but there is a guy who brings a few canoes and kayaks and is there everyday in the summer might be there on warmer days during the spring.

He is usually located in the parking lot before the entrance of the skokie
lagoon boat ramp. But in the summer another guy will be there
by the actual boat ramp. Either way you cant miss them they are always there
in the summer.

I hope I was helpful. Have fun and see you on the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.