Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the story with boats at IG? I have seen a map that shows a launch on the south end of the lake and another that doesn't... Are you allowed to launch here or do you have to pay the ridiculous rates to rent their boats outta here? Just curious... Thanks... - BPM

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$30??? Does that come with a skinny, female guide in a bikini that guarantees you catch nothing but lunkers all day? Yuck! 30 bucks??? Oh well... Thanks for the info... - BPM

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
no prob. i did it once last year one day after work. the trolling motor battery barely had any juice. i also decided to stay on the lake for more than my two hours and then their inflatable boat with the 10 hp chased me down and told me to go back in, LOL

i stick to shore fishing now there. don't have the bux to be spending 30 an outting! (especially for two hours)

·
Registered
87 Posts
IG is very expensive; especially if you don't have your own trolling motor.
I don't mind as much when I bring mine out. Then its $12 for 2 hours and $5 each additional. Still adds up when you have an addiction and can't leave! :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ig is a real ripoff. I tried going in friday and they wanted to charge me so I turned around and left (didnt have my bicycle that time) How would lake county residents like it if cook county charged them to use the lakefront?
And the boats suck, Ive never had a rental there that the battery didnt die in less than an hour. Ive been washed on shore, and been towed back. I dont think Ive ever motored back to the dock once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.