Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it out to BPS today for a couple hours. Here's some of the things I picked up. Thanks to Tim and Aris for the suggestion on the Daiwa Procaster. I can't wait to start using it.

Daiwa Procaster combo ($50)...

Shimano Sahara 2500 combo with BPS Bionic Blade rod ($100). I'm pretty surprised of how nice of a rod that is...

And here's the rest...notice the yellow Cocoons :D .

I can't wait to try this stuff out.

PS, Tim, I think I saw you when I was putting together my combo by the reels. I recognized you, but couldn't remember where I had seen you lol.

BRING ON THE WARMER WEATHER!

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
toothdoc said:
Looks nice Phil. It wasn't me. I'm going tomorrow to BPS and they better not be out of the reel that I want.
No...the other Tim :lol: . I might be going again tomorrow because I forgot to pick up some Jr. Thundersticks for kings :oops: . What kind of reel are you getting? FYI, BPS was PACKED today...the whole lot was full and people were parking anywhere they could.

· Registered
2,410 Posts
Nice pick ups Phil! I have a Shimono Sahara 2500 that I use almost eveytime I go fishing: it has always treated me well.

Hey Tim, I'm going tomorrow (Sunday) to try to pick up one of those Prowler 45 lb thrust trolling motors. Maybe I'll see you there.

· Registered
594 Posts
Never made it to BPS today.

Bought tile to do a room for the honey do-list....
:?

I think she knows I have my eye on a new boat.

Don't worry-she already bought her 15 yr ring.
I just need to pay it off...

Love & marriage...
goes together like a horse & carriage....

· Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Hit up Gander out in Geneva today. I thought I would just scout what I wanted and come back later. Well, that theory worked a few weeks ago, but today I could not help myself. I always buy one new rod and reel setup every year. I also lost a rig in the Milwaukee Harbor this year, and one of my lighter set-ups was showing wear and tear, so I had alot to get. I ended up getting the Sahara 2500FB and 2 Symetre 2500FI. I wanted to get a few nicer rods this year, but after spending that kind of dough, I went with the standbys. For the Sahara, a 6'6'' Ugly Stik light, and the 7' mediums for the Symetre. Not the most expensive rods, but I sure appreciate them when I accidentally slam the truck door on one of them. I also picked up 2 bulk spools of 6 & 14lb Fireline and a 150 yd. spool of 4lb. I checked out the new Crystal, but decided to stick with the smoke. Besides that I bought one Spro plug for pike that was on clearance. The credit card receipt is already hidden from the wife :p Besides some little stuff, my next major purchase is a new Powerdrive TM with Auto-pilot. I will probably wait for the BPS to open in Bolingbrook to get that. Guys, what would we do with our money if we weren't fishing :D

· Registered
594 Posts
FishinMatt said:
Besides some little stuff, my next major purchase is a new Powerdrive TM with Auto-pilot. I will probably wait for the BPS to open in Bolingbrook to get that. Guys, what would we do with our money if we weren't fishing :D
I got my eye on that wireless unit also..
But.. that basspro in Bolingbrook don't open until late April..
:evil:

If we weren't fishing?
Spending $$$ on archery stuff.
:D

Not fishing?!
Banish the thought!!!

· Registered
5,187 Posts
I went to BPS today. I picked up an Abu Garcia Revo SX baitcaster. Also got some Bandit crankbaits, Rattle Traps, Spro frogs and some line. Don't forget that if you want to buy a new reel, they are having the trade in program if you bring in an old reel that is in working condition.

· Registered
2,410 Posts
I went to BPS looking for the 45 LB thrust prowler trolling motor for $119. They sold out a half hour before I got there though :( . I sucked because I say a bunch of people walking around with the motor in their carts :( . I did pick up some top waters and rattle traps all for under $2 each which managed cheered me up a bit.

· Registered
5,187 Posts
Islandfisher, did you get a raincheck on the trolling motor? They should have given you one since they were out. I noticed that they were out of a number of things that were in the sale flyer.

· Registered
2,410 Posts
I didn't know they offered rainchecks :oops:! The guys at the counter told me they are going to get a shipment of them in on Wednesday. I'm just glad the shipment will be coming in the middle of the week. Hopefully it won't be as crazy as it was over the weekend so I can get my paws on one.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
toothdoc said:
I went to BPS today. I picked up an Abu Garcia Revo SX baitcaster. Also got some Bandit crankbaits, Rattle Traps, Spro frogs and some line. Don't forget that if you want to buy a new reel, they are having the trade in program if you bring in an old reel that is in working condition.
Doc those revos look awesome let me know if they are as cool as they look. I might just have to buy one and not tell the wife about it. :wink:

· Registered
5,187 Posts
MrB the Revo is as cool as it looks. 8) Everything that I have heard about them is good. Very small and very smooth. BPS is out of the STX's, but has the S and SX models.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.