Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first club tournament of the year on Sunday 3-15. The bite was real slow and inconsistent. My boater caught a 15"-16" 2 lbs bass on a DT 5. My only solid hit came with 20 minutes left in the tournament producing a 14" pound and a half bass. The fish was caught on a rocky point on a brush hog. Overall, the winner brought 10 lbs to the scale and second place had 8 something. Everybody else was under 4 lbs. Big bass was a little over 4 lbs and another pushing 4 pounds was also brought to the scales. Rattle Traps, spinnerbaits, and crankbaits seemed to be the most productive. Water temp was in the mid 60s and stained.

Overall, it was a very slow day but it was great to be out. I do think Braidwood is on the rebound and I look forward to getting out a few more times this year. At least I didn't fly the skunk flag on the way home. Good fishing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right Matt. There are some big fish in there and the numbers are starting to come back. It seems right now that some guys are really keyed in out there and have some productive days. It seems that location can make the difference between catching 20 fish or one or two. I know two guys that went out there Saturday- one guy had a great day and the other didn't catch a single fish. And the guy who got skunked is a very good fishermen.
Overall, the total bass population needs grow to make it a better fishery for all of us. Right now, unless someone knows the lake pretty well, it is kind of a crapshoot as to whether they have a good day or not. Just my opinions- others will probably disagree.

I'm going out there this Saturday. I'll let you know how we do. Good fishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.