Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time fishing Braidwood ton Saturday, going with a buddy who has a boat, anyone willing to share some general guidance? Looks like a cold front will come through on Friday so need all the help I can get.

I had a summer internship there when the plant was under construction, the trades all started and finished earlier than me, when I’d walk to my car at night the entire lot was littered with empty beer cans from lunchtime, every day. Amazing it is still operating with a great safety record!

·
Registered
748 Posts
First time fishing Braidwood ton Saturday, going with a buddy who has a boat, anyone willing to share some general guidance? Looks like a cold front will come through on Friday so need all the help I can get.

I had a summer internship there when the plant was under construction, the trades all started and finished earlier than me, when I’d walk to my car at night the entire lot was littered with empty beer cans from lunchtime, every day. Amazing it is still operating with a great safety record!
I think it is closed for the year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is closed for the year.
That is an important tip! Looks like it closes 10 days before waterfowl season opens on Nov 5, so it should still be open this weekend.

Salt, I’d really appreciate any other tips you can share, my archive searches here are coming up empty.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Sun times fishing report Braidwood closed,different parts of il open up for waterfowl hunting different times.Hunting Braidwood area opens 28th, Clinton lake open but that is a two day trip,cheap motel or Clinton camp ground.Chain of lakes get one day sticker at bait shop,Loon lakes easy to fish small lakes

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sun times fishing report Braidwood closed,different parts of il open up for waterfowl hunting different times.Hunting Braidwood area opens 28th, Clinton lake open but that is a two day trip,cheap motel or Clinton camp ground.Chain of lakes get one day sticker at bait shop,Loon lakes easy to fish small lakes
Dang looks like you are right Salt, thanks for the other suggestions will let my buddy know, was really looking forward to trying out Braidwood. Worst case I’m back out pounding the Dupe!

·
Registered
550 Posts
There was some discussion about it on FB. If you are not there I can copy some it for you.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks Grain I'd appreciate that
It went like this, but at the end they do mention it is closed

- They moved to the south end with the bait fish.

- not really, they are cold and mid lake and also warm side. Caught almost 100 at midlake last week. This week we caught more again midlake. Bass don't move from one end to the other. They will be where shad are at this time of year. Shad stack at the rearing pond and in front and I found schools all over from cold side to warm side. Shad will inherently move to warmer water in the fall(North side) due to they die off in colder water FYI

- we found surface shad monday on the hot side. You now the numbers. Pond we boated about 30 same day but shad we’re deeper. Bass will go wherever they need to to eat. True of all fish.

- all my fish were mid lake to cold side. Got 80 plus last last week and 45 yesterday. Never said they were all shallow. I caught them between 3 ft and 10 feet. Most bass were shallow but adjacent to deeper water. Trying to figure your point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.