Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I had today off :(

4/9 - Working the late shift, and knowing that I didn't have to be in the office until 10 or so, I woke up a little after 4am and got started on the root around 6. I was able to put in 3 hours of fishing. Man, that place was packed, especially around the weir. I wasted too much time in the crowd. I saw 1 or 2 confirmed steelhead caught and a good amount of giant suckers.

Around 730 I decided to move further downstream and away from the crowd. Had a fish on very briefly (maybe 5 seconds) and spit the hook. But I was plenty encouraged.

Hooked up and landed a beautiful 7-8lb hen soon after. Those river steelies put up a heck of a battle! Fish was caught on a float, 2 feet deep, running ktown gold.

Tried for a little while longer and then had to hit the road and go to work.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Mike, haha... yea I might have to go Monday Morning... Thanks for the call this morning with the report. You just had to rub it in!!! :lol:

Great Job man!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
mplant1 said:
WrenchingnFishing said:
Thanks for the call this morning with the report. You just had to rub it in!!! :lol:
You asked me to call you when I was done fishing, and I did. :lol:
Haha I was hopeing to hear a skunk!!! :lol:

Hit me up tonite. I have some good fishing plans this weekend.

BTW, I purchased my WI License for 20 bucks dude!!!! :lol: Haha, it's nice to have 2 adresses in 2 different states! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.