Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the premere series 6'6 medium fast action baitcasting rod and on the top guide a peice fell out. Not the whole guide just the peice of plastic inside the guide (i thing its plastic) that prevents the line from getting messed up and cut. Will this really do anything. Im going to BPS to return the rod but still its bull$%^&.

I have 10lb test fireline.

It fell off on the very first cast.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would take it back to where you bought it. The piece that popped out was ceramic not plastic. If the place you bought it will not replace the rod you can send it in to St. Croix or have the tip replaced locally.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
junglejim said:
I would take it back to where you bought it. The piece that popped out was ceramic not ploastic. If the place you bought it will not replace the rod you can send it in to St. Croix or have the tip replaced locally.
why wouldnt they replace it I got it saturday and it broke the very first cast sunday. I have the recipet

actually i bought it in the BPS in Gurnee.

Will the one in Bolingbrook take it back and replace it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would think they would replace it. Depends on their store policy. They may offer to send it back to St. Croix for you. Give the store in Bolingbrook a call and ask them if they will replace your rod or do you have to return it to the store where you bought it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well if i just get a new tip on it at a bait shop will it lose any feeling to it. Because there is no time to take send it in to St. Croix becuase i need it next week on my trip to Michigan.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have had this happen and here is what I did. I called St. Croix and they asked for the model and serial number and they sent me a new tip for $5. I had to pay for it, but it was cheaper than paying to have a rod sent to them and I also got it in a few days. It is real easy to change the tip on any pole.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Replacing a tip is easy, have had to do this to a couple of rod,

do to fact that my 11 year old has a problem with holding his rod

up when he walks. Any tackle store or even walmart should have

a tip replacement kit. The instructions are in the kit. Good luck,

hope you get it fixed for your trip.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just had my St. Croix rod tip replaced at Corens. It is just as good as new. They do great work. It cost me around $9.00 and they fixed it while I waited. They are located at 6001 N. Niva Avenue in Chicago.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Legend075 said:
rootpro6 said:
no just take it back to gurnee. The one in bolingbrook wont take it. And if they don't take it back just argue with them cause I have returned a rod that has broke the same day
That was funny when that rod broke. :lol:
ya maybe for u but i gotta kick out of it since my dad broke it just reeling in the line! :lol:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just had my St. Croix rod tip replaced at Corens. It is just as good as new. They do great work. It cost me around $9.00 and they fixed it while I waited. They are located at 6001 N. Niva Avenue in Chicago.
I don't know how the guy at Coren's stays in business. He never charges me for anything. I go out of my way to buy stuff from him but he tells me I am better off getting stock rods from other places.

He even got me set up with some real nice used rods on the cheap/

He really is a nice guy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.