Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A nice warm day today, and I wanted to try someplace new. I have never been here before and I'm sorry for that now.
The fish seemed very active today. If anyone is into carp there has to be some great ones in here. The one that jumped in front of me shocked me.

Caught a couple nice bass, nothing amazing. Except for the one that got away that threw the hook. I wish I would have gotten a better look at it!
I imagine that this place, although it's not stocked, has some nice fish. Not a lot of people fish it and you do have to put some effort into getting to better spots.
I can see spending more time here in the future.

Here are the 2 I got a pic of:

[/img]

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nice fish. I have been there several times as it's just literally 5 minutes from my house in BG. Just one question for you: below the spillway or above?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since it was my first time here I just grabbed my stuff and walked the trail. And walked, and walked, and walked.
When I got to a road (Schaeffer?) I said, "whoops!" and turned around and went straight to the first part of the shore I could access.
Below the dam there was a bunch of people. I was more interested in looking for a spot that wasn't hit as hard.
Any tips I'd love to hear them. This place is really close to me too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.