Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a chance today and went fishing at a local forest preserve lake that I had no expectations for and nobody has ever put together a fishing report for. I figured what a great opportunity to break ground on a little known place. I knew the maximum depth was 7 feet and they don't maintain the lake so I didn't think there would be many fish at all. I caught a mixed bag and was surprised by a couple of fish I caught. Here are some photos of the mixed bag.

What a monster this bass was!! :shock:

Who knew this place had yellow bass!? :?

This was a nice slab crappie :D

Overall I caught 6 bluegill, 2 small largemouth, 1 yellow bass, and 4 crappie. I also saw a large carp swimming around close to shore. The last crappie was 10" which makes it one of the largest crappie I have ever caught. I caught them all on nightcrawlers. The artificials just weren't working tonight. I was very suprised by the variety of fish and I was the only person fishing this lake tonight from what I could see. I don't think it gets much fishing pressure. It was a fun and eye opening experience for sure. 8)

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Thanks for the report and congrats on catching one of your biggest crappie ever.

The "Sportsman Connection" says that there are northern pike present in the reservoir, maybe it's time to throw some large x-raps!

BTW the sportsman connection also said that big bend holds pike so you never really know what you're going to get :roll:.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was fishing above the dam. It looked promising based on the shoreline structure so I hope there are some big ones in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.