Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I took a drive up to Buffalo Creek Resivour up on AH Rd and Lake Cook.

Fished from 7-830pm. Worked the inital shoreline down the path to no avail. Alot of tall grass with no real trails leading to the water. (Found a couple ticks on me luckily before they burrowed. I would suggest wearing jeans.)

Across the way we spotted an inlet from a conjoined lake spilling into the main pool. We headed that way and found it to be a nice sharp drop off from shore will a really good current mixing in.

Worked the area for about 15 minutes with Senkos, DT-4's, and Skirted Grubs with a few dinks being pulled in smallest probably 8in and average being 13in.

My brother tied on a yellow and orange double colorado blade spinnerbait while fishing from the manmade wall that stands next to the mixing water.

He pulled in this:

We had no real way of messuring it except for some paper money we had and it was 3 and 1/2 dollars long which equals out to 21in!

We will def be heading back to this lake again. Produced pretty well and kept our attention nicely.

Not to mention we were talking to a few people in the parking lot that have been pulling out Pikes on a regular basis over by the main dam. Will def have to go check that out next trip out.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have fished the reservoir above the dam a few times with little success. Looks like you got into a good one there though. Nice job!!

Beware of coyotes though. There have been multiple reports of coyotes in that area becoming more aggressive to protect their pups.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Islandfisher said:
Sweet hog man! Damn! Welcome to the site.
Thanks man. I will report as much as time will let me. I'm usually out fishing every night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.