Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Buffalo Creek because its really close to the house. After a good weekend of Bassin down at the Rentention Ponds I was mistaken. Buffalo Creek looks pretty promising from the layout of the pond and the structure in there. Started off with with Large Fatheads on a Slip Bobber. Covered alot of area and nothing especially live bait. Switched to a Super Fluke in Red Shad, and Albino Color and not even a tap. Water was high and a little atained out there.

The only promising thing I have seen out there was below the spillway some guys catching Shad some good size shad but the weird thing was they were keeping them. Nasty......

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck out there. I have heard there are Northern out there and some good size bass. Any input guys would be appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a couple good days, but I'll always get skunked here more often than anywhere else. Can catch all sorts of things in here.
I stop by here pretty often since it's close to me also.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I used to fish that place all the time and I never personally caught, or saw anyone else catch anything decent out of the lake. I tried the spillway as well, nothing. I don't know about that place. I always heard the pike rumor as well, but never managed to catch one.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I've heard a lot of similar stories. Lots of posts saying the same things, and then there always seems to be 1 or 2 a year that catch a great fish.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well I'll be damned. I just checked out 'snydermans link to his his old post on Buffalo Creek, and that is a hell of a bass. I guess I was wrong about that place. I just fished it so many times and I think all I ever did was miss one fish.

·
Registered
513 Posts
piker84 said:
Well I'll be damned. I just checked out 'snydermans link to his his old post on Buffalo Creek, and that is a hell of a bass. I guess I was wrong about that place. I just fished it so many times and I think all I ever did was miss one fish.
That lake usually produces pretty well for my brother and I in the summer months. Nothing to exponential in size; I think that one my bro caught was an accident. Hahaha.

But in all seriousness we usually get around 4 bass a piece almost every time we fish there. They seem to only like spinnerbait, if that's helpful.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My friend caught a northern there it was small but when we pulled up some guys had a northern on a stringer that was a good 30 inches! I didn't believe it when I saw it lol. probably the only one in there... but I have caught bass and panfish there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.