Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new for me. By the way thanks toothdoc for the advice, you weren't kidding about the bluegills :D Anyways the outside temp about 55 degrees, kinda windy, chilly would be an understatement. There are two lakes next to eachother. On one of them you could rent a boat with a motor for 14 bucks an hour (reasonable) we ended up going to the one where it's only shore fishing. MANY bluegills and couple of LMB but they weren't keeper size just yet 8- 10''. Nice place. right around Wolf Rd. and 95th street. I think its Willow Springs.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I warned you about the nightcrawlers and the panfish. That's one of the reasons why I prefer to use artificials. Glad to hear that you got your first taste of bass fishing. Once you catch some bigger ones, you'll be hooked. Thanks for the report Chris!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
uuuuuuuhhhhhhh. I almost forgot. If any of u guys head out there, make sure you are stacked on bait. The boat rental place has nightcrawlers and your typical stuff. No live bait or artificial lures (as far as i saw). The guy behind the counter, well...... let's just say he wasn't the nicest of a fella. No bait shop within 14.3 miles (or thats at least what my GPS said) even wallmart failed us. What a shame :cry:

·
Registered
46 Posts
there's always JJ's on 87th and Harlem.. but he closes at 2pm on the weekends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.