Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out fishing got down to Burnham (Northery Island) around 7:00 and used night crawlers and jigs. Went with my dad and brother. I used a storm gobi for smallies and they used night crawlers for wat ever would bite.

First fish we caught was a rainbow trout on a night crawler caught by my dad. next my dad caught a decent perch (we threw it back) and some rock bass. But then the current and the wind changed half a dozen times and fish stopped bitting. Iwas using a storm gobi and a texas rigged tube worm with a bullet weight on it going for bass and got one small bite and that was it.

Here is my question for bassin lake michigan
I was finally told today i was not allwed to fish inbetween boat docks any more and that was where i had all my luck with bass.

Is there still good bassin in the open water away from the docks

If there is wat do i use

Wat presentation works good with a texas rigged tube

would gulp alive work dropped shot style

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The trick is to just ignore them and fish by the boats anyways :)
I heard that the outer rocks at belmont have smallmouth out there. Also Chicago harbor over by the field museum or burnham harbor where miegs field was has bass and shore access without boats in the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.