Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out at noon after stoppin at henrys. Water clartiy was terrific. As usual i got a skunk. But it was really nice to get out. Fished two rods. One rods with a slip bobber and a spawn sack. The other with a krocidile or someother type of spoon. The area i fished was northerly island. Worked up and down the whole damn side and didnt even see a fish. My brother did get a bite from a smallie it was on the hook for two seconds. After northerly i went to the pipeline between burnham and the planterium. The highlight on the day was casting a little cleo and bringin it in and seein a HUGE brown trout follow in the lure. It had to be around 10#. Noone else was catching anything today. Water temp was 35-40 degrees in most areas. My suggestion along with the man at henrys is go out next week and fish live roaches under a float. And keep working the pipline with the spoons. Still needs to get a little warmer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks for the report. Lots of fish were being caught at Montrose, but like I said, all on powerlines. I think I'll try again this weekend with my powerline.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.