Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad news about the Eagles of Busse.

They're Homeless now.

The nest lasted twice as long as the first, but the tree came down. Must have been when we had those 50-60 mph winds a few weeks ago.
I noticed it 2 weeks ago on 90 but wasn't sure, drove to Machesney park twice this week, and I'm positive it's gone.

This pair ( if I'm right ) Has been here since Feb 20 2012. The nest was 1st recorded by a news helicopter in '16 or '17 with an immature eagle. I saw it the next year and saw a fledgling hopping around the rim of the first nest. visited the new one in the spring a few years since.

It's gonna be fun trying to find where they build the new one. Just, hope they learned by now and pick a live tree.

Just don't think they're going anywhere, Busse's a great fishery, easy pickings in the shallows.
Besides they have to have quite a few offspring, some might have just moved south. I think there is room.

On a side note. My favorite Fall Maple has been completely topped off by the storms back in July. The one opposite the bathroom on the way in by 290

·
Registered
705 Posts
I don't know if you remember the Eagle nest in cary across from the Port Barrington forest preserve. High winds took that nest down and killed 2 babies 2 years ago. I found were they built there new nest a few weeks ago after the leaves fell off the trees. A couple miles north of the old nest

1 - 2 of 2 Posts