Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got skunked again it seems like no matter what i threw i couldnt catch anything i fished for about 2 hours on the north pond and some on the main lake. I also lost 1 crankbait. Heres a list of what i used a green and black crankbait, Booyah boogie bait which was gold and black with the trailer that comes with it,yellow and black mepp spinner and lastly a gold and black crankbait. ANy advice on what to use would be great. Also i know fish were there because this guy showed me pictures of the bass he caught there earlier that day. :(

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Advice on what to use? Senkos, soft plastics, throw them only 10-15 feet out and reel them back slow while twitching them- IT WORKS. It was a rough weekend, but that music out there at busse really made up for it :evil: I got one on my first cast saturday and missed the hookset. Then after a couple hours I went over right next to bucketheads and caught a bass( I love doing that) Eventually i did get a few more. Today I got one early by sightfishing her off her bed and the rest of the day didnt get one bite. :roll:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Follow the stone path (just to the west of the rocks that seperate the two bodies of water) to the shallow water around the bend, from the bend to the beaver dam or what used to be the beaver dam is good bass fishing this time of year. Use shallow dive crankbaits or spinners with gold willow blades. As always at Busse you wont have many days when you catch many fish, but that area holds some big bass. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.