Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of us from WCF hooked up at the Busse Lake warm water discharge for some largemouth bass action. We all caught between 1 and 2 dozen fish using large fathead minnows. Most of the bass were small. I caught one that was about 11" and really fat, that seemed to be the biggest.

Good time by all!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
It was indeed a good time. We saw some bigger fish but they weren't interested in biting. I think that I caught 14 bass and probably lost atleast twice that many. :lol:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Good time at wwd,thx everyone for getting me on some lmb action even if they were kinda small,always good to have something on the end of my line :)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
They may have been small, but like Augy said, if somebody asks you how many fish you caught, you can say I caught 14 bass! 8)

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
It was fun, and yes 14 bass (no matter how big) is still 14 bass... :wink:

·
Registered
136 Posts
toothdoc said:
They may have been small, but like Augy said, if somebody asks you how many fish you caught, you can say I caught 14 bass! 8)
wow,14 bass!!
I missed the opportunity.
Is it possible to get any fish tomorrow?
as much as today?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Bigrain, it is possible to be successful fishing there anyday. Just use minnows and don't bother with a bobber. The water is shallow and pretty clear so it's mostly sight fishing. Polarized glasses help. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
satisfied a much needed fix. after the skunkfest the past couple of weeks and hardly getting out, it didn't matter how big the fish were, it was still fishing and a good time.

still amazes me how much more fun it is when a few of us from wcf get together to fish. i'm so lucky to have so many good fishing pals these days. til next time! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The old rattle trap didn't work today Frank? This time of year is really tough to catch bass, especially from shore. The WWD is pretty much a sure thing. I'll probably head back out again this week on Wednesday.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I didn't even bother with the rat-l-trap today. I mostly just used the senko and just played around with the lures i got from the 5 dollar bass pro online deal i recieved this week. Thanksgiving break starts wednesday so maybe i'll see you there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts