Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Since I found myself unemployed for the first time since 1985 I've had some time on my hands. I'm taking 2-3 hrs every day to either fish or swim laps ..usually 1:30 or 2pm until 4pm...rest of the day is job search or playing housewife. When I land a job then it ends. Decided I would fish Busse only since I live close. My plan is fish everywhere, pick different areas day to day and keep moving around the lake. If catch fish I still go elsewhere the next trip.. between main and south pool that's a lot of water and I'm fishing both.

I fished Busse 8 of the 9 last days. The day I didnt I shore fished DPR. I have had several no bite skunk days - no surprise.
A week or so ago I was on 2.5" of ice ....now it's about 6-7" everywhere but I did drill a hole in a wet snow area today and found myself standing on only 2" of ice so you still got to be careful.

Jigging waxies, jigging minnows, some days I take along large roaches and a tip-up.
Why post today? Today was a good day, most days are not. Finally pulled some fish through Busse ice that was something other than gills or craps so I thought I would share.

20150108_132236.jpg

20150109_143905.jpg

20150113_143731.jpg

20150113_130602.jpg

20150113_140308.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Great Report Skii! :D Make an instagram, its all pics. Check mine @geofishing and come visit me on the other side. :D Then ill come meet you on the ice side. :) Solid Bass!! All around awesome Skii. I could only wish you can throw up something like this every week for my enjoyment. ;)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Very nice ice bass. Way to keep after them even in extreme conditions.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
SemperFish said:
Wow now thats an ice bass! Great report.
x2

Skifish1 said:
now it's about 6-7" everywhere but I did drill a hole in a wet snow area today and found myself standing on only 2" of ice
That's pretty sobering, was the thin ice on a channel/creek bed on Main or South pool?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Awesome ice Pigs Joe! I need to get out there on Busse soon. An ice busskie would be so cool. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
lookin' good! :clap: :clap:

Skifish1 said:
I'm taking 2-3 hrs every day to either fish or swim laps ..
Always make sure to do them on separate days. May you never have to swim any laps while out ice fishing. :)

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Good lookin bass skipapa!! And threw the ice?? So sweet, i bet thats the last thing you thought was on the end of your line??

·
Administrator
5,360 Posts
Ah I LOVE to see Busse bass in January! Sorry about the employment situation, my friend.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I hope you dont find a job, And keep fishing! A bussejim and Jason busse reply not in either of their own post! And In January! You have it made my friend. :)

Keep plowing them pannies through the ice skii!

·
Registered
625 Posts
SKII!!! Dude beautiful bass my man. Busse is one of the only place I havent ice fished yet. Graet job and great report. Not going to lie, you gave me the itch to try today lol but I dont have much sun light left. I agree with Geo, make in instagram account. Its tons of fun and a few of us WCF have accounts so we can see the piocs of the fish we caught fore the day and you dont need to write anything really if you dont want. Its all pics.

Sorry to hear about the job situation. If you are "desperate" for a job, I can help you but its A LOT of hard labor and ROUGH hours. PM me if you want.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts