Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to busse about a week ago and it was horrible. old small bluegill a few walleye very small and the water looked horrible!!! very dirty by the dams. There were tons of people there too that just tossed there trash everywhere.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Yup, that place sux. I wouldnt fish there if my life depended on it.
This musve been the report I read last year tht kept me from fishing at busse- Busse is a great lake, the bucketheads arent very good at catching anything there either so they dont hurt much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
shawn said:
went to busse about a week ago and it was horrible. old small bluegill a few walleye very small and the water looked horrible!!! very dirty by the dams. There were tons of people there too that just tossed there trash everywhere.
I agree the place is way overrated to say the least. Garbage everywhere (including many of its visitors). I recently moved nearby and my excitement has turned to complete disappointment. As far as Im concerned, casting a line in a water-filled dumpster with LaBamba blaring in the background isnt my idea of fishing. From what I have recently witnessed over there, I think the place is depreciating my property value! Drain it, throw the drunk stoners in and fill it with dirt.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
:shock: But theres some nice fish in there , It`s the top ranked CCFPD lake :)

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Well, I would have to say it is pretty darn good judging off my lone Busse fishing experience. Plenty of nice fish in there. Try renting a boat or shore fishing a bit off the beaten path.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
When they are playing the music too loud you can just call 911 and the cops take care of it. The cops hate loud music in the preserves as much as you do. I am pretty lucky at avoiding bucketheads where I fish. Otherwise you can rent a boat and they wont be in your way.

·
Registered
453 Posts
midwests_best said:
shawn said:
I agree the place is way overrated to say the least. Garbage everywhere (including many of its visitors). I recently moved nearby and my excitement has turned to complete disappointment. As far as Im concerned, casting a line in a water-filled dumpster with LaBamba blaring in the background isnt my idea of fishing. From what I have recently witnessed over there, I think the place is depreciating my property value! Drain it, throw the drunk stoners in and fill it with dirt.
OMG :shock:
Please don't go back :shock:
Thanks, La Bamba :lol:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Went back today in the evening. I thought with the heat and sun there would be a good sunset bite but I was wrong. I saw jaypee mentioning the buzzbaits so I went to a nearby pond and threw that for the first time this year. It only took 3 casts and I got a strike, but I forgot to delay the hookset. It didnt matter though because I had her hooked solid, it was a looong fight for a bass ( a minute or 2) but I landed her and its the biggest fish ive gotten out of this pond- 18 inches at least and fat! I kept at it with the buzzbait and eventually did get a couple missed blowups. I got another confidence lure now!

·
Registered
21 Posts
svslider said:
Went back today in the evening. I thought with the heat and sun there would be a good sunset bite but I was wrong. I saw jaypee mentioning the buzzbaits so I went to a nearby pond and threw that for the first time this year. It only took 3 casts and I got a strike, but I forgot to delay the hookset. It didnt matter though because I had her hooked solid, it was a looong fight for a bass ( a minute or 2) but I landed her and its the biggest fish ive gotten out of this pond- 18 inches at least and fat! I kept at it with the buzzbait and eventually did get a couple missed blowups. I got another confidence lure now!
Hottest bite right now at sunset has been buzzbait and jitterbug!! Especially if they are frogs in the pond go with the jitterbug stop go is killer right now.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I had one buzzbait blowup on the north pool today that nearly gave me a heart attack! A half hour of nothing and then I turn to look at the lure just as it got hit, time to add a trailer hook. I also got a bass on my trusty little george lure. And the hot women tanning and dog walking got me so worked up I went over to hb's LOL. Im gonna get a jitterbug and use it this week.
My buddies were there playing footbag net (hackeysack volleyball) and they should be back again so if you see them check it out. :wink:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I dont think the lake has many big bluegills, but I did see them below the dam like you said. Ive hardly fished over there so maybe Ill give it a try, that dam has alot of bucketheads though..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.