Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temps in the upper 80's; mostly sunny; strong SW winds to 30mph. Fished from 5:45pm - 8pm.

Fished under the main dam targeting walleye. Met up with Danno and we worked jigs with minnows and a few other baits. Nothing! Couldn't believe how dead it was.

There were some pan fishermen catching very small gills and one guy even hooked a 12" northern pike.

Saw very little surface action from any quality fish. A few small pops here and there but was VERY surprised at how quiet the action was.

However (and this may be the last time this early season I say this), it was nice to be out at one of my favorite spots with nice weather. The wind was not a factor under the dam tonight and the temps were awesome.

Dan stayed after I left so maybe he got a last minute fish. We'll just have to wait for his post.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jason,

I fished the west bank next to the boat rental and landed on dink and a nice 16 inch LMB. The fingerings are very active there providing tempting meals to bigger species. The bass were hiding in the cloudy patches of water and I got most of my bites by pulling my top water minnow right past them. I love the scientific approach.

·
Registered
345 Posts
No luck with that lucky minnow Jason. Actually shortly after everybody left. Then im sure the fish all came out and laughed.

Nice to meet you Jason. Thanks for the minnows, now off to Dicks to replace that xrap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.