Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the North Pool from 6:30pm-8:30pm; temps in the upper 70's; mostly sunny; WSW winds 5-10mph.

First time at the north pool this year. Started with my trusty Shad Master but no takers. Moved down a few yards, tied on a pumpkin Senko-like bait (I think a Shaw Grigsby version) and immediately had a fish on - and it was a nice fish! Fought for about 5 seconds then it jumped in the air, that's when the hook came shooting right back at me. Argh!!!!! Fish was probably about 18"+. Minutes later I landed a fat 14" largemouth bass. Worked some more weedlines and landed a beauty of a 17" bass. Awesome fight and more acrobatics. This time, I landed it! :)

No pics as I forgot my camera. Do have the 17" bass on the camera phone but I have no bluetooth device to download it to. Also no phone web service (never used it anyways).

All in all, it was a nice couple of hours at the Busse North Pool. All the action occured between 7:15 - 7:45. After that, no fish seemed interested in anything.

Saw lots of bluegill bedding in the shallows too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.