Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh, the first official day of summer. My personal favorite day of the year. I love the long days!

Worked the north pool from 7pm-9pm; temps in the 70's; light winds; early storms and mixed sun and clouds.

Seemed like I was fishing the Dead Sea for the first hour. There was absolutely NO action on the water at all. As the clock struck 8pm, finally some fish started to move. I caught a nice 13" bass on a Senko in a weed pocket. 15 minutes later, all the action stopped again. Just shy of 9pm I landed a 16" bass on a Senko. She looked a little beat up, perhaps caught before. She was caught right in front of a beaver dam so maybe she pissed off a beaver at some point. :eek:

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So as i'm reviewing some pics from 2008 I come across this one. I always remember all my outings and this was a fun one. But DAMN I was getting fat! My new job had me sitting behind a desk all day and I putting on weight.

A few weeks after this I weighed myself and was blown away that I had put on almost 15 pounds.

Well, as of now (November 15), I have been eating much better, working out and have lost over 20 lbs. From 220lbs. to 197lbs.

I can't begin to describe how much better I feel, how much more energy I have now, and how nice it is not to have a "gut" hanging out over my pants. The difference is really night and day. Had to buy all new pants, but well worth it.

How'd I do it? Walking a lot everyday, sugar-free RedBull instead of the regular, G2 instead of regular Gatorade, fruit instead of junk for snacks, Lean Cuisine meals, salads without all the bad stuff, and did I mention walking? Yes I did. Walk a lot.

Blood pressure is down, energy is up, stomach feels 10x better, AND... can still have a pizza, fast food, hot dogs, etc., just not every damned day.

It's really amazing how much junk one can eat without realizing it. But what's equally amazing is how much better we can eat without changing too much and still enjoying food. And I love it how SO many people have said "Jason, you're losing weight"!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Great job Jason. Glad to hear it.

I know the feeling. While I've never had a weight problem, I was never in very good shape in my 20s. 3 years ago, I quit smoking and then the following June I started running and lifting. I cut my body fat from 20% to 12% and my weight went up 5 lbs. I'm still running around 20 miles per week and lifting whenever I have time (I really don't like to lift).

But the biggest improvement is how much better I feel. I have buddies that are the same age and they complain all the time. In contrast, I feel absolutely great and I never get sick. About the only area I can really improve in is eating better. While I eat fruit everyday, I still have a tendency to binge eat and skip breakfast. My wife says I eat like a snake. Oh well, we can't be perfect. Good fishing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.