Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked the main dam from 6:30pm-8:30pm. MOstly sunny; temps in the mid 70's, little wind.

Fished with Augy for a couple of hours and only managed one bullhead. Worked lindy rigged leeches for walleye and no takers. Worked several bass lures with no hits.

A few others were working for walleye as well, but again, none. One guy was leaving as I arrived and had caught a bunch of bluegill. There were also a few crappie caught right under the dam and on the other side by other anglers. All in all, a very slow evening for everyone there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the report, Jason. Busse usually frustrates me when I go, so I tend to not go too often. Seems like people are having better luck on boats out there. Also, the next time you're out there, you might want to give the North Pool a shot for both bass and walleye. Better luck next time.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what i'm going to do, Fan. I worked the north pool a couple of times last year and did fairly well.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
you know, a boat would do wonders for a lake like busse. my canoe should work but a small bass/jon boat would be perfect to work some of the remote areas. anybody selling a trolling motor??? btw, i know guy who is selling a 14ft fishing boat with a 6 hp and 40lb trolling motor for $500 bucks if anybody is interested. I just don't have a place to store it. it's kinda beat up but hey, it floats and you can fish off it, what else do you need.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey, I worked Busse North from a canoe a bunch last year with only a gill to show for it. But I never went to the spots named on these threads, stayed in the North pool and worked where I wouldn't be able to from the shore thinking that would produce more. Also saw a whole bunch of other boat guys work it too but never saw anyone haul in anything at all. Went out in the boat once late last season and did map a little and there does seem to be some good bottom contour, but not as good as you might think IMHO. There are a few spots off of the islands, but otherwise shore fishing has access to most of the 'spots.' Keep in mind though, last summer was extreeeeeeemly hot and dry! And I was brand new getting back into fishing. All I'm saying is you've probably already fished the Busse 'hot-spots' and would likely do better just keepin on keepin on where you've been keepin on.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The key apparently, on Busse is to fish windblown shores, and drop offs on preferably cloudy days. Well, at least that is what I have been told.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts