Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the north pool from 6:30pm - 8:30pm. Temps were hot and muggy as hell; breezy SW winds; mixed sun and overcast conditions.

I'm in a little bit of a funk I guess. Got skunked. Very little action on the north pool this evening and didn't see any bass jump. There were a couple of others out there but didn't see any catches.

As I was getting pissed about the lack of action I turned and headed to the parking lot at 7:30. But the evening was SO beautiful that I seriously thanked God for giving me the opportunity to be out fishing on this night and my mood quickly changed. Sometimes it ain't always about catching the fish, but just being out there and seeing sunsets like this one tonight.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
You're right Jay, many of us go out fishing to enjoy the outdoors and get away from our worries. Sometimes we get so caught up in catching those fish that we forget about the real reason that many of us are out there. But catching fish helps. :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
spiroh said:
Don't feel bad man. The past 3-4 times I've been fishing I've been skunked, it sucks.
Same here but its been 3-4 weeks for me. :cry: . I was at the South pool also yesterday from 6pm to 7pm nothing. I decided to try my luck since traffic was so bad.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Glad to see that you can enjoy fishing even without catching. I can't agree with you more. It's a sick thought, but I think getting skunked every once in awhile builds character. The way I see it, it should push us to be better anglers.

I do love the beauty of Mother Nature. That's my two cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.