Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Don't know exact stats, but from my experience of fishing and following fishing at Busse Lake for 15 years, there are some fine fish in there.

Bass and walleye are the primary game fish in Busse. IN searching for trophy bass or walleye in the Cook County Forest Preserve lakes, I would rank Busse 2nd behind the Skokie Lagoons. More walleye in Busse, more bass in Skokie Lagoons, but close.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Most guys are beating the shoreline which isn't the best place to fish for walleyes. I know of several guys who fish for walleyes from boats and do very well. The only time I have had much success with walleyes is in the spring when they are closer to shore to spawn.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
a few years back, my buddy pulled a 31" Eye out of Busse's Main Pool. I took a photo for him, and the Eye was safely released. I saw more than a few eyes over 27"s come out this year. Busse has some monster Eyes and Bass!!! Just sometimes they can be tough to find...

Dave

·
Registered
472 Posts
According to the DNR guys, who were shocking walleyes in Skokie Lagoons for their eggs, last spring. They said there are more walleyes per acre in Skokie Lagoons than any other lake in Illinois. It's just that most people don't target them. They showed me several large females the shocked up along the area where I was fishing.

·
Registered
511 Posts
yeah, the bucket heads thrive there, in incredible numbers
heres a few points on how to catch em.
Fave food:2 inch bluegills, fried chicken, and 40oz. Sometimes the occaciosnal moonshine
Best technique: leave a fishing piole unatended when u go to piss
Best spots to catch them:any where thers a boatlod of tiny bluegills or and easily accessable fishing piers.
:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.