Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
That was today! Now it's all coming together. I'm starting to think there might be a reason Stump #1 ain't where it used to be since this morning.

Congrats on advancing to state, good luck guys

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
No worries, no implications directed at you, reads like you were out mid main shoreline, cormorant island, coves 1 "Governors cove"-2-3 maybe 4.( that's what i call em.) But a bass boat up against it for some reason might have broke it free, who knows.

One thing for sure, that stump ain't getting out of the bay.:LOL:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Well, after a week it seems to have found a new home. Guessing 100’ west and 300+ feet north, way closer to Higgins now. It found the 2’-3’ muddy depth and the weeds have it now. Shit, half the bay is surface weeds in just the last week.

It ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. Unless,,,,I get a new battery, wait till the fall weed die off, or early spring, a 2-3 foot high flooding water event, toss my bow rope around it, and haul it, with some strong wind assist, to a better location. Sounds doable.:unsure::LOL:

Wow, all these thoughts about a singular stump in a lake. God I’m old:whistle: or nostalgic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts