Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working the graveyard shift tonight and since im going to be super caffinated I am thinking about just staying up and heading out to busse after work. I haven't been there in quite a while, anyone got any tips for someone who is going to fish from shore for bass? Any decent morning spots and what baits tend to work best?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yeah, purchase a boat... Will give you a better shot at some quality fish here... South pool is good around the southernmost dropoff... Main pool has some spots where you can find weeds...

BPM

·
Registered
86 Posts
Throw shadraps, yo zuri's and spinnerbaits off shorelinedrop offs. Check out salt creek behind main damn 2, alot of bigfish get washed over the damn. Your best bet is gettin a boat and fishing the main pool, wholelot of water, tough 2figure out but very rewading once you do. Do not be surprised to get a walleye while bass fishing with crankbaits. Also small bass jigs tipped with mnnows are productive for bass and walleye.

·
Registered
341 Posts
BASSPROMATUK said:
Yeah, purchase a boat... Will give you a better shot at some quality fish here... South pool is good around the southernmost dropoff... Main pool has some spots where you can find weeds...

BPM
I was there a couple of weeks ago for the first time, but could night find were exactly are the boat rentals. On what side of the lake are the boat rentals?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
If you get off 290 West at Higgins. Make a right at the light. Stay in the right lane, they turn right at the first FP entrace and follow that road straight to the end and you end up at the boat rentals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.