Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of us met up at the Busse Lake/Salt Creek warm water discharge today for some good old fashion "middle of January open-water bass fishing".

Temps in the lower 20's, light north winds, sunny. Basically we all managed a bunch of bass. Augy and Tim caught a couple of 12"+ and I think a 16" fish on nightcrawlers. I used minnows and caught about a dozen in about 3 hours time. I fished from 11am-2pm. The others from 8am-1:30pm.

The CCFPD police came and checked fishing licenses. First time i've seen that but a great thing to see.

Here's some pics...

My first fish of '07!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nice job guys. Wish I would have been there...family thinks I'm crazy to even think about going lol. I'll try my best for next week. I HAVE to get out fishing SOON! It's driving me crazy!

·
Registered
136 Posts
hehe, it seems Augy's fish is a little bigger than Jason's, right?

I didn't get the minnow today so tomorrow I will be there after 9 o'clock waiting for Lee's opening.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Great job guys !

wish I could of been there :cry:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
It was indeed a great time. I managed a bigger bass shortly after I got there on a nightcrawler, but most of my bass came on minnows. The funny thing was that it didn't feel nearly as cold as the thermometer said it was.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
mike and i ate a hearty breakfast at ellys at 7am and got to work at 8. tough to see anything with all the steam coming off the water. it was cold early on but turned out to be a beautiful day. of course everyone got on some fish. i look forward to next weeks tourny.

toothdoc with a nice one.

and my biggest for the day. a nice chunky one.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
good thing the tourny is next week

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Aris, I was wishing that the tourney was today. Augy and I would have done pretty well.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
i plan on doing well next week :D

nice fish guys !

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just found this on TheSmokingGun.com. It seems Augy was indeed busted for not having his fishing license.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice Job guys especially in Jan Augy your the man. Nice Job Doc. Hey Augy I know like 4 EGV Cops if you want me to get that trown out.........LOL

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Thanks for the report guys. It looks like you had a great time! I wish I could have been there.

I was planning on going today but have to much stuff to do before and after the game. (Go Bears)

I'll see everyone next week for the tournament!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Doc and Augy had a very good day for sure

I am glad the tourny is next weekend :)

Caught many bass but no big ones.

I had to vouch to "Then Man" that Augy did indeed have a licence only then did they remove cuffs and let him go.... :lol:

See you all next weekend..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Islandfisher said:
Thanks for the report guys. It looks like you had a great time! I wish I could have been there.

I was planning on going today but have to much stuff to do before and after the game. (Go Bears)

I'll see everyone next week for the tournament!
Islandfisher, It's snowing when I got up this morning so I didn't go there because I was freshhand in highway , in snow time.

newt, there's always next time. :lol: :oops:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts