Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cloudy, strong NW winds, light snow at times, temps in the mid 20's. Met up with several other WCF regulars. A few decent bass caught, mostly on crawlers. I used minnows and caught about 6 bass, all under 12". Augy had caught several of 12"+.

Then Tony saw one of those stubborn northern pike that just sit there and do nothing. He tried pissing it off with a shad-rap and finally succeeded!

In general, it wan an OK day at the discharge. The water was VERY high and the wind was bad. The fish were kinda slow, but hey, it's still winter afterall!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Awesome fish Tony! I just bought a pair pf polarized sunglasses and am going to head out early tomorrow. How was the crowd over there today?

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Must have been Pike Day. Aother guy got a pike on a crank bait.

You worked on catching that fish for well over an hour Tony and it finaly paid off. Nice job.

It was down right nasty at the WWD. very windy, cold and no sun

the water was just at the top of the grate , very high. Augy found the
spot. West rail casting past the rock line and bring it back in. He got 7 or 8 nice fish.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
wwd never disappoints. cold but bearable. windy but manageable. couldn't sight fish because of the high water and because the overflow from the banks muddied the water. i worked the worm along the rock line and picked up a couple nice ones and a few decent ones.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Augy said:
wwd never disappoints. cold but bearable. windy but manageable. couldn't sight fish because of the high water and because the overflow from the banks muddied the water. i worked the worm along the rock line and picked up a couple nice ones and a few decent ones.

Augy never disappoints!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.