Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ended up going to the WWD about 3:15 today and fished for about an hour. Stopped at Lees and picked up some minnows. Caught about 10 LMB all 6"-13" and about 10 crappies 6"-12". Water was extremely high. Much higher than this time last year. There were about 6-8 other guys fishing further down closer to the creek. My son and I fished up by the discharge.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice job Doc !
Were u able to see the fish ?

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Damn! I was all set to hit the WWD today but my lunch with a client lasted late. Oh well. Glad you got some decent fish, Tim!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was only able to see a few fish. Since the water was so high, it was running quite fast and was pretty churned up. If I had to guess, I would have to say that the water is up 1-2 from last year at this time. There were some bass jumping and it looked like the fish that were being caught further down by the creek were bigger in size.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Nice Report Doc, thats a cool place to fish especially when its 15 degrees out and the water temp is in the 60's.
Thats another place thats supposed to have big walleyes in there, also my buddy caught a pike there last winter. We were very surprised.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that a few of the fish that they were pulling in down by the creek looked like they might have been walleyes.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
toothdoc said:
I think that a few of the fish that they were pulling in down by the creek looked like they might have been walleyes.
Damn Doc! why u gotta say that now I am all jealous. :lol: I havent seen an eye on the end of my line in weeks. :cry:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Nice job Doc ..what were you fishing with..... minnows?

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are definately some nice walleye in there. I've only managed to catch smaller ones in the 12-14" range, but I've seen bigger ones stealing minnows off a jig before I wised up and put a stinger it. I haven't managed to catch any northern at Busse, but my cousin caught a nice 30"+ one that was realeased in the spring near the creek by Higgins. Overall, I haven't caught a lot of big fish at Busse so I'm going to try using bigger lures. Nice job Doc. Good to hear someone's had some good crappie action. They're a blast to catch on UL.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
when all else fails, the discharge can provide for some much needed action. good to know they're there and active. thanks for the report doc. i was this close to going on sat. but had to work instead.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Augy I will be going back either this week Saturday and/or next week Wednesday. Let me know if you want to go.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
will do. i think there will be others who are interested in hooking up after your successful wwd outing.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll have to check my calendar for Saturday. I'm going next Wednesday for sure.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts