Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you say Northern Pike!!!! nope, didn't catch him, but I almost did. fished with culprit, gither and met islander with his buddy. mild winds and manageable conditions. water was way up. barely had enough room to stand on the bank.

the pike made several attempts to catch the small bass i hooked. the last bass he went after jumped about a foot out of the water evading the toothy monster! :shock: what was very cool to witness was the fact that the pike only went after the fish that was hooked and struggling! can't say he was hungry but i think instinct took over.

i'd say it was about 30 inches and probably the same one toothdoc saw earlier. for some odd reason he always came back right in front of me. i guess he was waiting for me to catch him his lunch. :D it was an educational experience.

good time as usual. landed a 12 inch fighter that screamed drag on the UL and made my day. aris will post pic.

saw a bunch of small walleye as well.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Good to see u guys got out. I gave fishing a half hearted effort today and then said screw this I am cold. 30" NP in the discharge eh? Might have to suck it up and get over there. How was the crowd?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Glad to see that you guys had a good time. It looks like that pike had more interest in your presentation than mine a couple of weeks ago. I predict that someone from WCF is going to catch him before the winter is over.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I was going ..went out to my car pole and bucket in hand...and :-( dead battery. So that killed my WWD saturday . Glad you guys had a good day.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BassCaster said:
I was going ..went out to my car pole and bucket in hand...and :-( dead battery. So that killed my WWD saturday . Glad you guys had a good day.
dude, that sucks! we missed ya out there bro. need you to round out the 3 amigos fishing adventures.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts

Nice outing guys !
The Pike kept it very intereseting indeed.
Very muddy and slippery conditions I think all of us almost went into the creek at 1 time or another lol.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I had a lot of fun fishing at the wwd today. Thanks for the minnows Augy.

I thought I would share this winter pick that my buddy snapped this morning when we got there.

Hope to see you guys out there again!

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Beautiful picture, Sean. Glad you all got out there!

Turns out I wound up spending the day with my sister and her future in-laws. Nice time though.

By the way, Sean... I sent you the avatar. Nice pike!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice avatar pic Sean, how big is that pike ?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
The pike was 43 inches long and really fat.

The way I caught it was similar to Augy's recent pike story. I had a 14" walleye on the line and the pike attacked it and would let go. It held on for 2-3 minutes while I reeled it all the way into the net. It was a blast :!:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Maybe you guys should try some DT Rapalas or some other look alike baby bass lures for the pike.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Islandfisher said:
I had a lot of fun fishing at the wwd today. Thanks for the minnows Augy.

I thought I would share this winter pick that my buddy snapped this morning when we got there.

Hope to see you guys out there again!
your welcome sean.

you would never think that that was the wwd discharge at busse. gorgeous photo.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
we all caught a dozen or so dino. this time some of the bigger ones seemed a bit more interested but still reluctant to strike. i was preoccupied with catching that pike the last leg otherwise i probably would of caught more bass.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts