Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked out the Skokie Lagoons last night after work. Worked some timber areas in and around channels looking for an evening bass, but no luck.

It saddened me to see some bucket heads out in force. One guy had 5" crappies in his bucket and 4-5" sunfish. I bit my tongue and kept walking through the woods...

then I saw this - a plain clothes DNR and 2 uniformed officers nailing a group of bucketheads. I'm not sure what they did or what kind of trouble they were in, but gear was definitely taken away.

Well done officers!!

I'm really happy to see and hear about a stronger DNR presence in the CCFP this year!

This was a very quick, inconspicuous shot I took as I walked past them...

·
Registered
299 Posts
haha that sucks.. they dont take away gear for just not having a license though right? i got caught without one once... 2 days into the season... they didnt take away my gear.. but i had my previous 2 licenses with me and they let me go with just a warning... nice sneaky shot of it happening.. were those 2 shorter guys kids?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Show No Mercy! That pic made my morning. I thought Busse had alot of garbage but I just took my first Lagoon ride and wow was it trashed. Good too see the dnr out in force seams like there really enforceing at the lagoons this year.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Haha, Dumb ass Bucketheads!

It's great to see the DNR crackin down.

I know that every 2-5 years they have an auction of fishing and hunting equipment/gear/boats that is confiscated by the DNR that they auction off. I heard this from a DNR officer when out ice fishing a year or 2 ago. He said they have plenty of gas augers, boats, some good tackle and rods n reels, etc... I asked him if it was all junk seeing that they lost all their gear for poaching or fishing illegal. They said most of it is really great gear and people just do not follow the rules. So there is only one way to face the consequences. :lol:

I believe the auction is held in Springfield, IL they transport all the equipment there and sell it off :mrgreen:

I will try to find more informaton and possibly a number to call for information and dates on the auction if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Kudos to the DNR for doing their job. Hopefully more poachers will get busted as a result.

Though I've been out numerous times, to date I have not been asked for my license anywhere I've been. :?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Frogger said:
Would like to hear more info on that auction.
No Problem Frogger, I as well would love to check it out. let me see if I can get any info by calling them. There is nothing on the Website about it. I took the DNR's word for it, But he never gave me too much info. I will see what I can find out on Monday as I will be fishing this weekend.

I will send you a PM with the Info I recieve.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
piker84 said:
I'm interested to hear what you find out on that auction as well. Could you let me know if you hear anything about it?
Yea, no problem, I have you and frogger written down to PM you guys the information I gather on it. I should send you a PM by Monday Night as I as well want to check out the auction as well.

Mike (Mplant), Sorry for hi-jacking your thread dude.

If anyone else is interested and wants some information, Just send me a PM. or what I can do is when I get the information I can just post it under Open Discussion or under the Tackle Board.

·
Registered
369 Posts
thank god. ive never fished the goons but i hate bucketheads more than anything. until i saw your picture and realized the post was of others getting caught, i thought it was the poster who got caugth. i was getting ready to treat anyone on this site who wines about the dnr.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.