Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Really depends on personal preferences. I bought a St.Croix SCIII Medium-Light Ex-Fast action 6'10" one piece from R.W. Rod (eBay) that was custom built. Real nice for about 150 bucks. Even get your name printed on for free. Reel is a Shimano Stradic 3000FI that ran about 160 bucks. Smoothest, wobble free reel I have ever felt. Little pricey, but real nice.

I've always been the "K-mart, Blue-Light-Special" kinda guy. After buying the St. Croix, I will never go back. The SCIII, SCIV, SCV series from St.Croix come with lifetime warranties. They will fix or replace if broken. If its your fault, they have a plan that will fix or replace. That runs 50 bucks.

Only reason I know this, I just broke mine and they are replacing for price of shipping. Blamed it on a fish. Anyway, let us know what you end up getting. 200 bucks will buy a NICE set up.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
It really depends on what you'll be throwing with it and what you will be fishing for.

There's a bit of difference between the gear I use for panfish opposed to the gear I use for salmon fishing...know what I mean?

For all around versatility a 7ft med action is tough to beat in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.