Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I agree with Matt. With colder water temps, fish are not as aggressive as they are when its warmer. Those buzz baits are really awesome though when fish are slamming em

·
Registered
497 Posts
i kno what infamous is thinking tho................................he wants to throw buzz on the dpr for pike because he has caught them on buzz during the summer.......so if your pike fishing do you think it is possible? ...............arent pike still pretty aggressive right now?

·
Registered
331 Posts
For Bass in the SPRING when the water is below 50 degrees, you CAN catch fish, maybe you'll do a CRAPLOAD of casting before one hits, maybe one of the better times to catch pre-spawn BIG fish. In the winter though, they won't be aggressive enough, although if you SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW retrieve it BELOW the surface you may have a taker... == Now PIKE are another story! I have them blow up and smash :twisted: the buzzbait ALL THE TIME in the winter!! So, I guess it depends on the target specie, the body of water, and your fortitude! When you get one, and you WILL get one, WE WANT PICTURES!! GOOD LUCK and GREAT SAFETY in 2009!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Donit forget those pike will be the same temp as the water,very cold,will not waste any energy chasing bait and if they fed what they ate is going to take a long time to dijest,buzz bait forget it,dead smelt or minnow on a bobber floated in the log jams maybe

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Fish the slack water out of the current, look for eddies and pitch a frozen smelt up in there on a slip bobber, that's your best bet for this time of year ;)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
InfamouzFisherman said:
I threw a crank/spinners and a buzz bait in calm areas. Nothing at all River was really flooded.i would of had more fun catchiing carp at the chicago river.
hey nothing wrong with that! i've spent many a summer day reeling in some big ones on the CR. those are some strong fish

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.