Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out last night for a heat check on the buzzbait action. With the storm moving in, the fish were on the prowl. My first 4 casts produced 3 fish and a miss and it was steady from there. All bass were males and I ended up with 18 before the rain chased me off. On the way home, the rain quit, so I stopped at another pond down the road from my house and quickly got 3 and missed 1. I decided to give one more pond a try and caught another 5. The method was simple. 1/2 ounce Persuader Blade in Blade buzzbait/black. None of the fish hit hard, with most just sipping it off the top. It makes setting the hook easier for me when I don't have the excitement of a big topwater explosion. If you have not tried buzzbaits, now is a great time of the year to start. I only took one pic. I will try to upload when I get off work.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go get em Jason. If you are also interested in the blade-in-blade Persuaders, you can find them at The Tackle Warehouse online. The Nichols Impulse is another favorite and they have those too :wink:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Here are some pics of the buzzbaits. I also have since modified one of the buzzers with a willow blade clacker. I have some black ones as well.

I caught a bass on the upper right double willow spinnerbait yesterday. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure if they counterrotate, but they both spin. The Persuader comes on plane super easy and can be worked really slow. Great early Spring bait. The only downside is that I have to worry about keeping both blades clean. Working around heavy cover can be annoying. The Nichols is probably the best all around. It planes quicky, can be worked at any speed, is easier to work in cover, and has a high hook up percentage. They are tough but their only downside is that they are difficult to get to run straight. A few big pike and they are just not the same :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.