Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOFFMAN ESTATES TO BE SITE OF CABELA'S DESTINATION RETAIL STORE IN METRO CHICAGO

SIDNEY, NE - Cabela's Incorporated (NYSE: CAB), the World's Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today it is one step closer to bringing a Cabela's retail store to generations of outdoor enthusiasts in Illinois who grew up reading and buying from Cabela's famous catalogs.

Experience a Cabela's Retail Store. Check out our store Photo Gallery and our Video Tour.

Cabela's expects to open the Hoffman Estates retail showroom as early as summer of 2007. The Hoffman Estates retail store would be Cabela's first store in Illinois.

The new retail store would be located within the Prairie Stone Business Park at I-90 and Route 59, twenty minutes from Chicago's O'Hare Airport. Prairie Stone, which also serves as the headquarters for Sears Holdings Corp., is a 780-acre, master-planned business park surrounded by a forest preserve that captures the beauty of the surrounding Midwestern landscape.

The Hoffman Estates Cabela's store would be built in Cabela's trademark style that evokes the feeling of the outdoors. Cabela's stores are known as top-notch educational and entertainment attractions, mixing a décor of museum-quality animal displays with colorful dioramas, huge aquariums stocked with native fish and a centerpiece indoor mountain displaying trophy animals interacting in realistic re-creations of their natural habitats.

To operate this new store, Cabela's expects to employ as many as 400 people from the surrounding area. They will join the Cabela's family of employees who are famous for delivering excellent customer service, living the outdoor lifestyle and possessing an intimate knowledge of outdoor gear. Product offerings would include hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating and wildlife watching gear, as well as outdoor clothing and outdoors-styled gifts and furnishings.

"I am very proud to announce this new store location and feel fortunate that we have an opportunity to add hundreds of new Illinois employees to the Cabela's family," said Cabela's CEO Dennis Highby. "The Prairie Stone development will bring top-notch shopping, dining and entertainment to Illinois, and the Cabela's store anchoring the development will serve as a genuine tourism draw and source of pride for many years to come."

Cabela's currently has 14 retail locations nationwide. The newest, a 185,000-square-foot store in Rogers, Minn., opened Oct. 14, 2005. Cabela's also has announced plans to open stores in La Vista, NE., Gonzales, La., Glendale, Ariz., and Richfield, Wis., in 2006; and Reno, Nev., Wheat Ridge, Colo., East Rutherford, N.J., and East Hartford, Conn., in 2007.

Plans for the Hoffman Estates Cabela's store have been carefully developed over a two-year period.

"In July of 2003, we sent a letter to Cabela's encouraging them to come and look at some of the tollway frontage in Hoffman Estates," said Jim Norris, Village Manager. "It is gratifying to see all the hard work and cooperation that has occurred since then. Cabela's is a phenomenal retailer and their location in the Village magnifies the Village's efforts to create an entertainment and tourist destination in Prairie Stone."

Extraordinary in design and showcasing thousands of products from Cabela's world-famous catalog, the stores are known as shopping and tourism destinations, drawing customers not only from the local area, but also from hundreds of miles away. Many traveling sportsmen and women are also attracted by the familiar Cabela's script logo and the company's world-famous reputation for quality merchandise, value and extraordinary customer service.

"Words cannot really describe the shopping experience at a Cabela's store," said Gary Skoog, Economic Development Director for Hoffman Estates. "For a keyhole perspective, I would suggest people visit Cabela's website at www.cabelas.com and click on their video or photo tour of a store to get an idea of what will be coming to Hoffman Estates."

Features which will greet visitors to the Cabela's store include:

A towering mountain replica, the centerpiece of the store's open showroom, with running waterfalls and streams, a trout pond and trophy animals in re-creations of their distinct habitats. Similar mountains, each called Conservation Mountain, have been built in other Cabela's stores as monuments to wildlife and salutes to the sportsmen and women who support wildlife conservation.
A gigantic freshwater aquarium stocked with fish native to the area.
Museum-quality representations of many wild-game species.
A deli-style restaurant will feature delicious wild-game sandwiches, as well as tamer fare.
World-class Gun Library, providing gun collectors and aficionados the opportunity to browse through a collection of examples of the gun-making art.
Indoor archery range where archers can test and fine-tune their equipment.
Bargain Cave, featuring discount prices on returned and discontinued merchandise.
A sun-drenched atrium interior featuring authentic fieldstone accents and wood furnishings.
Beautifully landscaped grounds featuring native trees and plants.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
ok so let's hear it...cabelas or bps??? and don't say who ever has it for cheaper or whoever has a sale.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Gander Mountain is right here by me now I will be able to go to Cabellas I like Bas Pro it's just a Cruize for me when Gander is so close

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Only been to Gander and BPS, cant wait for the Cabelas it will be 10 minutes away from me woohoo!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Gander is pretty much useless for me...everytime I go there for something, they don't have it. But, I've never been to a Cabelas. It's tough to compete with BPS. I went to the BSP headquarters in Springfield, MO and it was AWESOME. Cabelas would be a cool place to have close by though.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Cabelas has been talking about this for almost 2 years. It's great to see that it's finally going to happen. I can't wait. I've heard that Cabelas is the best! :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I haven't been to one, but my brother has. He said that it was way better than BPS. 8)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have Mr B in Minnisota There ok I have had the same problem at Gander every time I go there there out of what I need. The good thing is theres a Sports authority across the street and a Dicks right down the street

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The dicks in algonquin is like that, then I have to go to meijer, then wallyworld, then gats and gats usually has what I need. I should just go there first but dicks is like 5 mins. away

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I used to live at Gat's they do have every thing but they were a little high on there prices I don't know how it is now.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yeah they are higher on somethings, other things arent as bad, it really depends the items. I also get a 10% discount from them. They are pretty generous with the minnows too. I hope the cabelas opening doesnt affect their business too much, because there is alot of good guys working there.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought a shotgun & a rifle from Gats, its a good store.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts