Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cotton is everywhere. You have to pick it off your line after every cast and it gets caught in your reel and eyelets making casting difficult. I saw about a dozen dead, rotting carp and the smell from the landfill was about as bad as I've ever experienced there. I said "the hell with this dump" after about 4 hours.

You guys shoud really be happy if you live near a nice place like Deep. I'm probably going to the Kank tomorrow just because I need to get somewhere nice and wash this disgusting fishing memory out of my mind.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I know the feeling, I fished Bangs yesterday for like 4-5 hours and the cotton is a bitch. Time to re-spool all my reels again... I just re-spooled them 3 days ago!!!! :shock: :oops:

Cotton was everywhere!, weeds are coming in thick and the water was clearer than usuale there. Must have caught 15 bass, but were all under 14 inches. maybe 1 was 15 inches.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Don't feel bad Paul.

i didn't go perchin' or take the boat out because it was supposed to rain today...
40% chance.

its 10pm and not a drop in Orland all day.
I should know I had yard & chores all day.

Got mucho honey do-credits banked, but i'd prefer using them to earning them!
Do i chance it tomorrow.
:roll:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Tried Monday by Worth in the new boat.
nada.

Fished mostly west of Harlem by Rt 45.
Took a nice cruise and the boys got to drive ~30 minutes way east then back to the ramp.

Saw 2 guys splash their boats and run for ~1 hour.
Then back on the trailers.

probably just needed a boating-fix.. :D

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob,
Boat rides is about all that place is good for in my opinion. I've been out there twice this year and that is coming from a guy that used to spend a lot of time out there- usually a day every weekend. The place is just so beat up from all the tournament pressure. You catch a fish and it has 3 hook marks in its mouth. Work your tail off all morning to catch a couple 12" bass. No thanks- I've been spending my time elsewhere. I've been catching better quality fish too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.