Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thunder on the Chain
Thursday night team Bass tournaments.
I should have all the details in order by the end of the week.
If interested please email [email protected] I'm trying to get a boat count so I can get an average of how many boats we may field at each tourny. Thanks Pat

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After I settle the ramp site this week all will be done the permits are applied for and the insurance is in place. The first Tournament will be April 5TH. and then every other Thursday through out the summer 13 tournaments total. I will post all the info. as soon as the ramp is decided. Thanks Pat

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
what are the exact times for thursday "night" tournaments Pat? if it's late enough and can find a boat partner i'm up for it.

gotta practice if i want to be the 2010 Bassmaster Classic champion. :mrgreen: :wink:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check in will be from 3:00 till 3:50 then a 10Minute meeting to go over rules and pull numbers for a start position then we're off a 10 second intervals. Do you have a boat or need a partner with a boat? I'm going to try to find out what guys with boats may need a partner and who needs a ride. I am really trying to get this together I think these will be fun tournaments. I may be able to set up a small 12" boat we have with a 5 hp and a small trolling motor and fish finder so that maybe someone can get out on the water to try.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Thursdays ALL summer...sweet..I got my tiny boat, tiny trailer and tiny motor all I need is some BIG fish :wink: I'll be there for a few for sure :lol:

MARCH is just around the corner the winter is comig to an end :wink:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Theres a guy on craigs list that has an old coleman cradad like your boat for $225.00 I was thinking about going to look at it,I think it would be great for Busse,Beck and some of the local lakes and ponds. Is your boat pretty stable,can you stand and cast in it?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh by the way thats a very neat looking little boat. I dont beleave in the big fast glass bass boats. I've never seen a boat catch a fish yet,I understand if your fishing tournaments and are running 50 miles to get to your spots,But if your fishing the Chain my boat that does 35mph does just fine and it wasnt $40.000 to spend 3/4's of its life in the driveway or garageI also figure if your running around at 10mph or 70mph your still not fishing,you have to have a line in the water to catch fish.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
It's fine...9" very stable I got it just for the local FP lakes that allow boats.
I have a small 3hp and a trolling motor and fishfinder. 2 people is a bit cramped but not bad(beats fishing from shore) :wink: I just got it at the
end of last year. Augy and I went out to Busse with Aris (he had his boat)to give it a test go... worked just fine. Looking forward to getting out alot this year.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I might try some of these thursday night tournys, I have a couple of buds with boats that I`m sure I can convince to come out :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its a done deal I got the OK on the Launch ramp today so I will be posting all the details this week. Thanks for all the interest Pat

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well its a done deal for info. please go to anglers-dream.com we are division 14 . If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 1-847-980-4640 Thanks for the interest. Pat

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The first tournament is tomorrow the weather isnt going to be that great but I'm going out anyway just in case fishermen show up it wouldnt be to Good to not be there for the first tournament. I hope a few show up but its only going to be in the high 30's so we'll see if no one shows up i will reschedule it for a later date.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks I'll post results tomorrow night ,I'm staying out there tonight and going straight to work in the morning. I'll give you a call this week about the printing we just got way busy at work. Pat

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.