·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one gone fishen in skokie lately

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Hey sushiegirl! Welcome to WCF!!! You know, I was thinking about giving it a try but not sure if they have any open water. I'd sure like to catch another 6lber, especially during the winter. The bass at Busse discharge are fun but nothing compared to some of the lunkers roaming around the lagoons. If you fish it, let us know.

Augy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last year when the weather was nice I caught a 6lb 8oz walleye in the lagoon, looking forward to doing that again.Anyway still wondering if a any one knows of any crappie hot spot's in skokie lagoon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was out there this afternoon for about 30 minutes. There are some lagoons that are completely open, and a few that are completely frozen, but my impression was that most of them had some open water. I tossed a chartreuse tandem spinnerbait for a few minutes but didn't catch anything. I saw a few dead fish at the shorelines of two of the southern lagoons. They looked like white bass to me and were all in the 8-10 in range.

G

·
Those dead fish you saw at the Lagoons are shad. They have a hard time dealing with water temperature changes. This past spring I saw alot of Shad spawning. There are some very large Shad in the lagoons. They are hard to catch(easy to snag).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that sure is a nice looking bass you got there
Augy said:
Hey sushiegirl! Welcome to WCF!!! You know, I was thinking about giving it a try but not sure if they have any open water. I'd sure like to catch another 6lber, especially during the winter. The bass at Busse discharge are fun but nothing compared to some of the lunkers roaming around the lagoons. If you fish it, let us know.

Augy

G

·
jungle jim said:
Those dead fish you saw at the Lagoons are shad. They have a hard time dealing with water temperature changes. This past spring I saw alot of Shad spawning. There are some very large Shad in the lagoons. They are hard to catch(easy to snag).
Did someone take the trash out :D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
sushiegirl said:
Augy said:

Augy
Thanks sushie, that's the 6lb bass I caught at lagoon 7 this past summer. Biggest bass ever for me. Hope to top 7lbs this year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey do you have a boat
Augy said:
sushiegirl said:
Augy said:

Augy
Thanks sushie, that's the 6lb bass I caught at lagoon 7 this past summer. Biggest bass ever for me. Hope to top 7lbs this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts