Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished there for 30 mins. this morning on my way home from work. fan casting jig/twister tail on spinner. no luck but the water was boiling with carp all over the place. i'll be back tomorrow with ultralight tackle and sweet corn....need to hear my reel drag cry while fightn them bulldozers....

·
Registered
383 Posts
The carp just seem to go nuts in every lake around this time of year. I'm guessing that they're spawning or something of the sort?? I tried fishing for them once last year and had no luck, but I saw a guy pull in tons of them using a giant snagging treble hook.

Not sure if this is legal? But I know it's always good to get rid of some of the carp in these overpopulated lakes. :?

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Exactly. Though is doesn't matter so much when it comes to carp. I've seen people catch huge carp at Lake Glenview with pieces of bread on an old rusty hook and a Zebco 202!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
FYI:
if you do catch one, don't release them back into the water at the glen. toss him in the trash but please be humane about it by scrambling the brains so that they don't suffer any more than they have to.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Augy said:
FYI:
if you do catch one, don't release them back into the water at the glen. toss him in the trash but please be humane about it by scrambling the brains so that they don't suffer any more than they have to.
I prefer the gill rip which is kind of like starting a lawn mower. Would you consider that humane Augy??? :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
watched this guy on tv not sure if I got the name right. Tred Bartha or something... he uses a baseball bat or something like a club and hits his catch on the head. I think it's being humane in a brutal way :? :? :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Topwater said:
Augy said:
you can ram an umbrella up their butts and open them if your into that sorta thing. just be quick about it is all. :mrgreen:
augy just want's a quickie :shock: :lol: what do you do with 'rainbow' trout?
i try to be as humane as i can with the trout but i'm no saint. fresh fish is a must and you do what you can to keep it fresh. :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.