Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an itch for some catfishing, and have not catfished alot in my life, just some times in the summer. Was wondering How is the cat bite in oct and the upcoming fall months? Still same tactics, worm, liver, hotdogs on bottom? Any tips or advice, plan on fishing some preserve lakes.

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Same Tactics pretty much Yea, Maybe mix a few dead shad or small whole gizzard shad you can buy at a bait shop, In The mix too. Shad Really School up in the fall And It's not just bass pike and crappie slamming them! Catfish Although Classified As "Bottom FEEDERS" Do have a lot of predatory instincts Proof Being Everyone knows someone who nailed a catfish of a crank bait. If you can find some current Fish those breaks.. Trees Along the shoreline out enough disrupting the current. Catfish Along with many other fish this year are all "Heading shallow" So you don't have to cast far , I was being stealthy a few days ago and Literally "FED" A 20lb carp without him knowing i was there! I figured out i was there when i tried to place my pole in the water. So the Fish are Definitely Shallow. the carp i was pounding a few days ago...shallow..Bass Yesterday...shallow... Pike today....shallow...
It's Fall And it's shad Time. good luck out there... And i hope this un-informal post helps ya out a little.

keep Us posted!

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.