Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Friday I'm going to go cat fishing with some friends in the fox somewhere. The only steady place I know of is the stretch south of the south Elgin dam. I'm planning on using worms or chicken livers with some split shots or other weights about 6 inches up from the hook, casting to the middle and letting it settle (if the waters not to quick) or most likely letting it drift through to the side the repeating....

If anybody knows a better:
a.) Place
b.) Technique
c.) Bait
d.) Catfish listening music :shock:

Feel free to tell me!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
You will need more than some split shots mattering on what current areas you are fishing. MY Favorite is cut bait on a 3 way swivel. If you can catch some bluegills out of the fox only. they are legal to use and you can get into some mighty flatheads. Try fishing the Cary area if possible. that is where I have had most success. Even if you catch a sheephead, the meet and scales along with some guts is a great bait. I have used the eyes on a Kahle hook as well.

Good luck and hope to hear a great report.! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.