Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Saganashkee Today with a buddy of mine again.(No school) Thought there would be more ice on it then saturday which was 12in. Got there today and theres an inch of ice. Did see a deer wonder in the ice wonder what happened. Then went over to Bullfrog, Maple, Cal Sag Quarries. All the same. Im shocked that 11inches of ice melted in one day were it got up to 50 degrees. Didn't even get to fish today. Damn

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yeah, I didnt wanna call bullshit, but....

I think you may have just looked at the edge, where the runoff melts it away a little. Its still 12 inches. You just have to jump out onto it sometimes. :shock:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
you mighta been close to a spring or creek area or near the edge where run-off rain and snow has gone, Use a 2x8 plank of wood to get on the ice, but with the weather, the shore is good now... I did see one pond half open by my house, but it has a creek running into it. The half that was open was the creeks side. Good Luck Fishing, but be safe out there, many have fallen in close to shore just trying to get to the safe ice... I know I have.

Dave

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no lie i think im bullshittin as well. but im not there was one inch of ice. There also was a strong current. sooo. i promise you go look for your self i will post a pic later of what it looked liked the day with 10-12inches of ice.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
No problem, I believe ya bro... but im sure it musta been by current or something like you just stated... Have fun fishin man! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.