Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great day on the chian :D . Got on the ice at 6am and fished till noon. Caught alot of whites. Stopped until the 5 galloner with tipped. Small spoons and jigs tipped with waxies or spike.

JB the channels look pretty bad as I saw some open water. The shore was wet but once you get on the ice you'll be fine. 5-7" ice depth and getting thicker.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Legend...nice catch ya got there. I do appreciate the feedback. It takes me over an hour to get up there so taking a drive to "iffy" ice is not my idea of time well spent. Looks as tho you made the effort and were rewarded with a nice collection.
I called Triangle this morning and I asked how the ice was up there and the guy said that they didn't get the rain that we did in the south. I asked how the ice was and he said it should be good. When he said should, it kind of made me a bit nervous on going up. So I didn't go this morning. I'm gonna give it another day and probably go tomorrow.

I just don't wanna walk on the edges of the channel and break thru even tho I would only be in a couple of feet of water it makes me a bit nervous. Maybe tomorrow will prove to be a bit more courageous for me. I'll let ya know.

Looks like there was snow on the ice you were fishing. Was there any open water around the edges getting out to that ice?
JB

553 Posts
Andrew_R said:
What do you do with all that fish????!!!!!!???? :shock: :lol:

All I need are like 2-3 and I'm covered pretty well for a meal.... :lol:
I agree, that's a crap load of fish. :shock: I still have some Salmon left over from a few months ago. :lol: By the way great job Legend, as long as you eat them all. :D :wink: :)

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I gotta admit I'm worn out after cleaning half dozen. I get about 2 meals with that as long as the panfish are sizeable.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andrew_R said:
What do you do with all that fish????!!!!!!???? :shock: :lol:

All I need are like 2-3 and I'm covered pretty well for a meal.... :lol:
I take few selected ones and the rest goes to family and friends. Believe or not they perfer whites over gills and crappie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.