Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Then they must have had a lot more water stored up from all that rain in September. We had almost 2 weeks of no rain and the river kept coming up.

I'll have to mark my calendar, first week of November.

From what I remember, and obviously that's not much lately, it can raise the river around half a foot.

Okay, I remember catching fish when they did this. That's the best my brain cells will allow I guess.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For whatever reason they didn't adjust the gates to let more water through, they actually cut it back a little. Looking at the USGS levels the lakes have been gradually dropping since last week so maybe they decided to just let it ride. Sorry if i mislead anyone...I was just going on what we had heard at work last week. It is traditionally the first week of November though for future reference.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
WaterGuy said:
For whatever reason they didn't adjust the gates to let more water through, they actually cut it back a little. Looking at the USGS levels the lakes have been gradually dropping since last week so maybe they decided to just let it ride. Sorry if i mislead anyone...I was just going on what we had heard at work last week. It is traditionally the first week of November though for future reference.
Ya, I notice too that the level didnt go up but went down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.