Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time there so not going to be much of a informative report. Been on my bucket list for quite some time. Parked at the northern most lot off story street. Worked the dam, both of the I&M locks, small section of the I&M, below and above the dam in the dupage. The locks both were holding large mouth. Quite a few catches in the locks. Biggest only 13 inches. Nothing, I mean nothing right below the dam. Water was moving and got shallow pretty quick. Some very nice spots in the I&M below bridges and rapids but no takers. Few small large mouth caught in the dupage downstream from the dam. Nothing pic worthy. Didn't make it to the four rivers area by desplaines. Lots of shoreline opportunity at this park. No smallie sightings today. Stuck with ribbon tail worms and paddle tails. Any info for this area will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the good read.. I always was curious about when the I&M went recreation only. I explored lots of areas around the burbs to see if the canal was worth fishing. Always a hit or miss. Most spots the water is so murky, muddy and choked with vegetation I just enjoy the scenery! As for not being pic worthy I mean I still take pics but don't share on here so people don't laugh at me!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts